Event Day Details
Many questions come up when preparing for your first day at an event. Review the below information to make sure you are ready to drive at the track
- Become a NASA Member.
- Print the HPDE tech inspection form. Can be found here.
- Inspect the car for any leaks or worn parts.
- Review the track travel data and plan your trip accordingly. A PDF on our Track distances can be found here.
What to Bring
- SA2005 (or newer) Helmet
- Long Pants and closed toed shoes
- Painters tape for applying car numbers. Vinyl numbers are available for purchase
- Drivers License
- HPDE Passport (Given to you at your first event)
- Bring completed HPDE Tech Inspection Form
- Plenty of Water and Food. Most Tracks do offer these amenities, however they are not guaranteed to be open.
At the Event
- Find a place to park in the Paddock (Paddock is area on grass or blacktop where you may park your car).
- Clear all loose objects from your car and leave at your spot in the paddock.
- Check in at NASA Central (The large NASA trailer).
- Place your assigned car number on your car.
- Bring your car to tech (usually located on grid) along with your COMPLETED Tech Inspection Form.
- Park at your paddock spot and then proceed to the Drivers meeting gathering point at NASA Central.
NASA Event Regulation
- Anyone driving on the track must be a NASA Member.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on track. (Orientation Laps Excluded)
- Safety belts must be properly worn at all times while on track.
- Camera mounts - Camera mounts which attach to a driver or passenger headrest are strictly prohibited. See NASA CCR for additional information regarding use and mounting of cameras.
- Late Fee of $50 is added 10 days prior to the first day of the event.
- On-Line registration will close for each event the Monday night before the event.
- Once an group is said to be “sold out”, no refunds will be permitted for anyone in that group unless the driving slot can be filled.
- HPDE & Time Trials group entry fees are fully refundable before ten days prior to the event.
HPDE Specific Regulations
- Long Sleeve Shirts are recommended.
- Passengers are allowed in Groups 3&4 ONLY.
- Passengers will need to get a special wristband from NASA Central.
- Drivers are to have a wristband and a track-pass to get on track.
- Cars are to have a tech sticker before going on track.
- You may and should have your car tech completed at any SAE Certified shop before each event. Simply have the tech shop complete your tech form and stamp it with their ASE number. If you have an SAE Certified shop perform your tech inspection you DO NOT need to bring your car to tech - simply bring your helmet and SAE stamped tech form to tech.
- Drivers should attend all scheduled meetings and download sessions for their driving group.
- Each group will be scheduled for approximately 4-20 minute track sessions each day.
- Instructors are to sign up on-line at least 30 days before an event.